Drive for Elite
Are you a passionate San Diegan looking to share your love for the city? Are you a recent graduate looking for a second source of income, or a current student looking for a rewarding job with a flexible schedule? Would you like to join our team? Then please contact us by filling out the contact form below! Just look below for more information to jump on your new career as a proud and earnest Pedicab driver!
To begin, download the information packet below, and visit or call your City Treasurer with any questions.
Who we’re looking for
- Must have a valid state Driver's License
- Must obtain a Pedicab Operator's permit from the City Municipal Government. Elite Pedicabs will assist you with all of the necessary information.
- Must obtain a business license (Also known as a "Business Tax.") To apply online, visit the City Treasurer's website here.
- As a pedicab operator, you are considered an independent contractor with the City of San Diego. You are your own boss and set your own hours.
- To drive a Pedicab, you may pay Elite Pedicabs a weekly or monthly lease to operate the vehicle. After that, you're free to work whenever you want and keep 100% of the money you earn.
- Pedicab drivers must be physically fit, in good health, knowledgeable about San Diego, and able to pedal around downtown for several hours at a time.